The LDVA had a great year! Here are some highlights from our 2018 After Action Report:
- In fiscal year 2017, LDVA Benefits Division’s Contact Assistance Section helped bring in $1,296,849,000.00 in federal VA compensation and pension to 284,074 Louisiana veterans, their families, and/or their dependents.
- Since 2016, $7,421,608.73 has been spent on renovations and/or facility upgrades that helped us improve the quality of care we provide at our five state-of-the-art veterans homes. We continue to deliver valuable services in a professional and steadfast way to our Louisiana veterans and their families.
- In 2018, LDVA’s State Approving Agency helped bring in over $180 million from the federal VA for veteran education benefits. LDVA was also awarded a LaVetCorps program grant. Our newly hired program director is working on establishing a minimum of 30 veteran centers across the state by Aug. 2019.
- The LDVA exists for all veterans; including those that are homeless and/or incarcerated. Secretary Strickland has made incarcerated veterans a priority in his administration by visiting prisons, listening to their concerns, and ensuring that they are aware of the benefits they earned. Our Department now has two dedicated Incarcerated Veterans Program Liaisons working with these vets.
- You can read our full report here: LDVA 2018 AAR.