|LDVA Veterans Cemeteries are made possible with grants through the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs, which provide 100% funding for all aspects of initial planning and construction.
LDVA follows eligibility standards as set by the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
A Place of Honor
The LDVA Veterans Cemeteries offer a variety of burial options for our nation’s heroes.
- Available for qualifying Veterans, their spouses and dependent children
- Open for interments every Monday through Friday
- Services include opening and closing of grave or columbarium niche, provision of grave liner, memorial headstone or marker, memorial flag, military honors and a facility for committal service
- Open daily for visitation
- There is no charge for Veterans and only a small fee for spouses and dependent children
LDVA Cemeteries provide upright granite headstones for casketed burials, flat granite memorial markers for in-ground burial of cremated remains and granite niche covers for columbarium interment. A Bronze plaque is provided for scattered ashes.
LDVA Cemeteries offer:
- Well maintained grounds
- Professional, courteous staff
- Covered shelter for committal service
- Avenue of flags displayed on special holidays
- Opportunities for community and Veteran volunteers
Each LDVA Veterans Cemetery features an Administrative Building with a computerized grave locator. A grave locator is also available online at GraveLocator.cem.va.gov.
Committal Shelters offer shade and seating for interment services.
For more information about LDVA Veterans Cemeteries, please call 1-877-GEAUX-VA (1-877-432-8982).
Application for Interment: LDVA Cemetery Interment Application 2015
Eligibility Request Form: LDVA Cemetery Eligibility Interment Form 2015